Skip to content

Coronavirus Information

Update 18th June 2020:

Summer 2020 Update

We are pleased to say that we do intend to run summer camps this year. To find out more and to see our proposed schedule please go here:

Summer 2020: What we intend to run (Proposed Schedule)

Summer 2020: Keeping everyone safe at Venture Camps this summer

Update April 2020: We’re continuing to keep a close eye on developments and will keep you informed of any changes when and if they happen. We’re following all of the official guidance issued by Public Health England (PHE) and Department of Education (DfE), and will continue to do so as more information becomes available. In the event that your camp is cancelled, we will happily transfer your booking to the May Half Term or Summer or arrange a refund.

Update 21st March 8am: We have been working hard as a team to operate two camps in the school holidays for key workers. However after the government announced last night that children should not exercise in groups, to reduce the spread of Covid-19, we have made the difficult decision to cancel all Easter Holiday camps, as we feel even a key worker camp would not be an option considering the circumstances. As a team now, we will now seek to assist schools in providing activity and PE over this time for the children that do attend school, likely in small groups, using all the equipment and fun activities we have available.

If you have booked for Easter, you will receive an email over the next day or two explaining how you can either credit your account for May or Summer bookings or claim a refund.

Update 19th March 12:30pm: We are currently in discussions with some schools to see if we can offer childcare for key workers and vulnerable children in some of our main sites (Folkestone and Canterbury). Unfortunately we have had to close our Ashford, West Malling (Leybourne/Kings Hill), Tunbridge Wells and Tenterden Camp.

We will not be running a camp at Blean Primary School, however we are still looking to run a camp at Simon Langton Boys in Canterbury and would move bookings to that venue if we were to do so.

We are also working with schools and waiting on the government to define what is a key worker.

Update 19th March 10am: We are speaking to schools and local authorities to see what provision we are able to offer over Easter to help those Key workers and those with vulnerable children who are in need of childcare. As well as seeing what else can be offered for other children.

Update: 18th March 6pm: Please bear with us. We are aware that the government has just decided to close schools. We are seeking advice from the government to see what we can provide over the Easter Holiday. We are also meeting as a team, as much of the work we do depends on schools being open and we have many full time staff to consider at this time. Please do not email to ask whether camps will be open, as we intend to announce this over the weekend.